19 Jul, 2008
Installing Windows Mobile from ROM image on a O2 Atom Life (via the MiniSD card)
Things you will need before you get started:
- A working O2 (WMG) Atom Life (Ensure battery is FULLY charged before proceeding)
- A copy of a WM ROM that is compatible with your PDA
- A Mini SD Card (Less then or equal to 2 GB)
* Remember to backup first before starting, the phone would be HARD RESET.
Getting a copy of the your Windows Mobile ROM
Get a copy of the WM ROM.
* Read the description of the ROM properly. Flashing to an incompatible ROM may cause damages to your device *
Uncompress the downloaded file
If you have problem decompressing the downloaded file it could be that you do not have the correct decompression software.
Try installing PEAZIP, a free opensource decompression software that supports multiple compression formats including the popular .rar and .zip
Copy to Mini SD
Copy AL1.dio and Boot into a blank MiniSD card and insert MiniSD into you WM Phone.
Reboot into boot loader
Press and hold the RECORD button(hold on to it) and tap the RESET button
*DO NOT interrupt the reimaging process. Failing to do so may permanently BRICK your device*
Allow the installation to finish. Device will automatically perform a HARD RESET upon completion